• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Jim Brown (a.k.a. jpranch) for ICC Board of Directors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpranch

Platinum Member
First and formost thanks to Jeff for providing this place to post. It is hard to express the thanks to those who believe in me and what I may do or have an impact on the board. My pride has got in the way but I must ask for those who may be led to contribute to the campaign that I would be indepted to you. I have some immeditant needs. Portland is not that far away. It goes against my grain and foolish pride to ask for money. Damn. I will share this for all to know, this will be my last run for the board. If I do not make it this time I will serve in other ways. There is also a lot of work here in Wyoming that also needs doing. So... here I (or we) go. Please send me a private message for contact information. Keeps the bots and hacks from getting my email address.

I would be very, very remiss if I did not say a special thank you to the Wyoming Conference of Building Officials for their support. Yor are all the very best.

Ok! Maybe this time it will become a reality. As you know I am in support and will do all that I can. Folks! This is a fine individual and will represent the membership and the building community with vigor. In Phoenix Jim came very close to being voted in which is remarkable to say the least. Two basic things are needed. Money for support, so that Jim can get his message to the members and votes on the floor. Remember that ICC is suppose to be your organization? We need board members like Jim Brown to assure that the ICC does represent the membership. So please help both in the finical aspect and make sure you vote.

Thanks RJJ. Sorry that I have not been here to post the past couple of days. Contractor with backhoe + fiber optic cable + no locates = disaster!

High Dersert, Thank You

High Dersert, Thank you very much. You have to love this board. Where ever I travel there is an immeidant connection. I flew into Redmond Oregon today courtsy of the Wyoming Conference of Building Officials to attend and campaign for the ICC board and to support the Region II effort. To my suprize High Dersert was there at the airport to greet me! We went to lunch, did a footing inspection, took a short tour of the town and his office and then I made my way to Bend. Had an excellent visit with the Bend building inspection department as well. Thanks Billy. Wasn't expecting all that. I'll be here the next few days visiting with the Oregon Building Officials Association. What a beautiful part of the country!

Jim,

It was great to finally meet you and hear your input and message at the Oregon Building Officials Annual Business Meeting in Bend last week. I haven't yet had a chance to see your picture of your fishing adventure, but I am really happy that you were blessed with such good weather. I'm Looking forward to voting for you in Portland in October!

Just opened last Friday's mail. This special thanks is for a person that has quite a lot of faith in me. You know who you are. This generous campaign donation really helps!

I would like to thank the Western Pacific League of Building Officials for their letter of support for my election to the International Code Council board of directors. I’m quite humbled by their confidence and support.

Well, the vote is now only two weeks away. My very nice supervisor has given me next week off to go elk hunting! Thanks Ken! So, I will hopefully see many of you in Portland!

Jim, informed last night by the BO that we will not be making the trip, was truely looking forward to it. Wish you the very best of luck.

Sorry I can't be there also Jim, but I'll be thinking of you, and hoist a cool tropical adult beverage from Kauai in your honor!

jpranch said:
Well, the vote is now only two weeks away. My very nice supervisor has given me next week off to go elk hunting! Thanks Ken! So, I will hopefully see many of you in Portland!
Did you have to promises a few Elk stakes to get the time off?

Enjoy the hunt.

Hope you are successful and Good Luck in Portland

Jim came out of the nominating committee for the seat currently held by Ron Hoover.

Status
Not open for further replies.