• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Just passed the Res. Energy inspector and plan reviewer.

Congrats. Fear is the worst part of taking those exams. Our contractors exam in NC has a pass rate of 17%. You go in expecting to fail. I was one of the lucky ones 30 years ago. The pass rate is still the same.

Hopefully more money for you. :D

congratulations! how was it ? it's a good feeling to accomplish these things. celebrate your succcesses, no one will do that for you!

Dennis said:
Congrats. Fear is the worst part of taking those exams. Our contractors exam in NC has a pass rate of 17%. You go in expecting to fail. I was one of the lucky ones 30 years ago. The pass rate is still the same. Hopefully more money for you. :D
North Carolina was the most obstructive state I'd ever encountered for out of state licensing. They rejected my application six times. Finally we hired a local lawyer to walk our application through and that took two tries. We were rejected for such problems as:

We require 24 lb paper not 20lb.

Your documents are scanned, not originals.

Your scans are out of square.

After we finally broke through the bureaucracy, I passed the exam with no problems.

Bill

KZQuixote said:
North Carolina was the most obstructive state I'd ever encountered for out of state licensing. They rejected my application six times. Finally we hired a local lawyer to walk our application through and that took two tries. We were rejected for such problems as:We require 24 lb paper not 20lb.

Your documents are scanned, not originals.

Your scans are out of square.

After we finally broke through the bureaucracy, I passed the exam with no problems.

Bill
Wow! Any chance their offices are located in the Research Triangle, where applications go in, but don't come out?