• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ladder requirement

Please provide additional information, not understanding your statement?

It is assumed you mean at a job site?

I could not find that. Did find that some (or many) manufactures paint whole ladder yellow. Also found an OSHA response that a ladder to a hatch have top three rings painted yellow to warn of overhead obstruction (which seems meaningless if entire ladder is yellow).

I've spent a lot of time on ladders and ladder safety in theatres.

alexga90:
1. Why is this posted in the “accessibility“ forum?
2. I don’t understand the purpose of the post. Are you asking us if the statement is post #1 is true? Are you wanting to educate us?

I note that your only other post was about ladders on a catwalk. Is this what you are referring to?

Yikes beat me to it. We're in the "Accessibility" discussion area. I've drawn a boatload of OSHA caged ladders in the early years of my career as an architect, and I never saw an accessible ladder.