• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Laundry Room Fire Sprinkler/ Protect High Hazard Areas

Insurance Engineer

Anyone see any problems with this installation?

laundryroomsprinkler.jpg

Fire Sprinkler for Laundry Room. Easily installs in minutes at washing machine supply.

Each year over 15,000 fires originate in laundry areas, causing 16 deaths, 433 injuries and over $200 million in damage.

Many municipalites require fire sprinklers to be installed over gas fired appliances.

Apartment laundry rooms are high hazard areas and require sprinklers to be installed.

155 degree UL rated sidewall sprinklerhead.

Install within 3' horizontally of appliances and vent.

US $69.00 FREE shipping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Laundry-Room-Fire-Sprinkler-Protect-High-Hazard-Areas-/250724092531?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a60520a73

Head to far down, may not get enough heat to activate

Sidewall, so a slightly different pattern along with the position it is aimed

What kind of pressure is pushing it

Yea, when I come in when the sun begins to rise after the event, I'll see who to question, the rainbow coalition. Like I said in another thread, the occupant would be better served with a limited area application off the domestic with proper compliant heads, tubing and coverage.