• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Laundry, with view.

ICE

Oh Well
OK so I lied about the view. At least you can catch a breeze.

DSCN0602.jpg

ugly.. but with Palm trees and not much chance of freezing (I assume) probably doesn't constitute a code violation. How they got power, water, dryer exhaust and washer discharge out there may be.

Last edited by a moderator:
hard to tell.. the doors are probably to keep the neighbors from doing laundry there.

Francis Vineyard said:
Can't see a threshold under the door; is this condition space? Nice tile work!
Nope, it's a dog house planted on the end of the human house. There is no permit for it or the patio cover above it. Both are in the rear yard setback area. The tenant turned it in. The house is a second unit and the permits expired [2006] before final. There was never a sewer permit which makes me wonder what the inspector was thinking when this was built.

The main house was included in the complaint ie. recent work has been done without permits. I found: HVAC, water heater, copper re-pipe, windows, re-roof, complete rewire that is ongoing.

I was instructed to hit 'em hard. I said ok fine, but when the sh*t storm blows in, I'll expect you to be front and center.

hopefully, you were covered, however, again, I'd ask you to ask a question up front.. is it a dog house or a laundry room? now, I'm confused. Work without a permit is easy; getting involved in a tenant/landlord dispute is dangerous territory.

other than the whole not getting permits thing, and everything else I already mentioned - I'm not sure you're going to find anything in the code that prohibits an exterior installation of a laundry room (probably will void the equipment warranty - but that's not our issue).