• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Legal Aspects of Fire Code Enforcement - Lindy Pieczynski

Builder Bob

Sawhorse
Sunny SC - Coastal (not Charleston or Myrtle Beach
Over the past weekend, I attended a class that really brought home and opened my eyes about Code enforcement in general. If you ever have the chance to participate in a seminar taught by this young lady you need to do so -

Linda Pieczynski ....

Delightful and with a ton of knowledge and insight on Code Administration. She is on top of her game and really does an excellent job of breaking down Consttutional Law, Case Law, etc., to the lowest level of understanding =

A GREAT CLASS that I would suggest to everybody - especially to the newbies.

She has authored several books for ICC for Code Enforcement -

The Property Inspector’s Guide to Codes, Forms, and Complaints

The Fire Inspector’s Guide to Codes, Forms & Complaints

The Building Official’s and Inspector’s Guide to Codes, Forms & Complaints

The Residential Inspector’s Guide to Codes, Forms & Complaints

And the Book for the other side -

The Building Process Simplified: A Homeowners and Contractors Guide to Codes, Permits, and Inspections