• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

"Like" button.

MASSDRIVER

Didn't we used to have one?

There's plenty of times I may like a post, but I don't want to thank the individual for it. You get to thanking people too much and it goes to their damn heads.

ICE for example.

Sometimes I like the post, but really...I'm not very thankful.

Brent.

Yeah......I think "like" went away, was replaced by "thanks".........guess it is the equivalent........or at least for us.

The software company that had that add on went out of business and it is no longer supported. I really liked that button a lot but unless I want to spend more money with a new company, I don't think we can get it back.

MASSDRIVER said:
Didn't we used to have one?There's plenty of times I may like a post, but I don't want to thank the individual for it. You get to thanking people too much and it goes to their damn heads.

ICE for example.

Sometimes I like the post, but really...I'm not very thankful.

Brent.
I like his post! (no pun intended)

Lacking a 'like' button, I usually use the 'thanks' button instead. I don't always like what I read, but often appreciate the information, so 'thanking' the person who provided it seems reasonable.

jar546 said:
The software company that had that add on went out of business and it is no longer supported. I really liked that button a lot but unless I want to spend more money with a new company, I don't think we can get it back.
Here's a perfect example of the opposite. I don't LIKE the content, but of course have to say thank you for providing it.

Also, I'm enjoying the irony as the thread plays out, so THANKS, I LIKE it. :)

Brent

The "like" button was found to be offensive to some.

Some posts get "liked" more than others, and there was no option for a "dislike"

Until all opinions can be represented equally, we have determined "thanks" is your only option.

Like, thanks...dude.

MASSDRIVER said:
Who?Give me names.

Brent.
There was like, that one guy John...or like, Jim maybe.

And he was like, "I'm so...like, annoyed with all the "likes"

So I was like, "let's just like, forget the whole thing, like it literally never happened."

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about this younger generation, they cannot communicate between each other anymore!

LMTA

Being a polite Canadian, I appreciate the "thanks" button, but I would like a "sorry" button as well...but if it's a lot of work I'm sorry I asked.

$ ~ $ ~ $

Essentially boys & girls, ...extra features cost extra monies.

Me thinks that Jeff is already on a shoestring budget.

Here's a suggestion, ...communicate to the person; in their OP,

if you "like" or "dislike", or "thank" or "un-thank" them in their

OP...........Ya, ...it's that simple !

No disrespect to anyone, but this ain't rocket surgery ! :mrgreen:

$ ~ $ ~ $

For little or no cost; At the next Upgrade or service the tab name can be changed to like from thanks

north star said:
$ ~ $ ~ $Essentially boys & girls, ...extra features cost extra monies.

Me thinks that Jeff is already on a shoestring budget.

Here's a suggestion, ...communicate to the person; in their OP,

if you "like" or "dislike", or "thank" or "un-thank" them in their

OP...........Ya, ...it's that simple !

No disrespect to anyone, but this ain't rocket surgery ! :mrgreen:

$ ~ $ ~ $
Party pooper. Dog kicker.

Brent.

Ain't skeered. :)

You were the guy that dimed a brother out when he spiked the punch bowl weren't you?

Brent.

TJacobs said:
s633442057863328576_p3_i2_w480.jpeg