• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Looking for a code consultant / advocate

Wooly

Hello, I'm in need of someone that follows the code development process and can keep me informed of potential changes that may affect my area of concern. There may also be times when I need help developing a code change proposal.

Hello, I'm in need of someone that follows the code development process and can keep me informed of potential changes that may affect my area of concern. There may also be times when I need help developing a code change proposal.
What is your area of concern?

Depending on what the topic is, there are many of us here or in the industry that are actively involved. Can you give us some additional context? Also, are you looking at the national model codes, or a state specific amendment process?

Good question. It's what I do for a professional society. From my 35 years active in code development, I'd hire Koffel Associates. https://www.koffel.com/ I have no connection with them, just have been at many of same committee meetings and code hearings.