• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Loss of Sawhorses and Supporters

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Since I posted the thread below stating that there were 65 Sawhorses and 10 Supporters that had let their subscription expire things have changed. We now have 71 expired Sawhorses and 10 expired Supporters. Looks like we are going backwards, not forward.

http://www.thebuildingcodeforum.com/forum/website-discussion/16616-65-sawhorses-down-not-renewed.html

Are you current? On the top of the web page click on "Settings", next page; in the left column below "My Settings" click on "Paid Subscriptions", see the "Expiry Date" on the right side of the Active Subscription box on top of the page.

The website is at an all-time high for activity and unique visitors per Google Analytics.

We all know that this is a valuable tool. I can only make sure that it is set up, works correctly, has minimal to no downtime and respond to inquiries. It is YOU the members that actually make this forum valuable, not me. I can't do any more than what I am currently doing so everything that happens in the future is up to you, not me.

Changes coming soon. Some will like the changes, some will not. I can't please everyone. No one can.

Jeff

Jeff:

How do we know when Sawhorse classification runs out? I paid for two years some time ago but have no idea when that was, could others be in the same situation thinking that they are current but not knowing?

I just checked "subscriptions" and see everything blank with options to sign up for one or two years, I don't even see anything about sawhorses, for all I know my membership has expired and others may be in the same predicament, how about something in the profile showing when the subscription expires?

Another thing, the last several times I have gone to upload pictures the upload feature doesn't work, is that feature limited to Sawhorses and I have somehow dropped out? To post pictures I have to upload them to my host, that's fine but I don't get thumbnails and post only full pictures, I can write the code to post both thumbnails and full pictures but I have to create both the thumbnail and the picture in Photoshop and write the UBB code, quite a nuisance, so I just post full pictures unless I am re-posting something from a long time ago that still remains in the cache.

On the top of the web page click on "Settings", next page; in the left column below "My Settings" click on "Paid Subscriptions", see the "Expiry Date" on the right side of the Active Subscription box on top of the page.

O

conarb said:
Jeff:How do we know when Sawhorse classification runs out? I paid for two years some time ago but have no idea when that was, could others be in the same situation thinking that they are current but not knowing?

I just checked "subscriptions" and see everything blank with options to sign up for one or two years, I don't even see anything about sawhorses, for all I know my membership has expired and others may be in the same predicament, how about something in the profile showing when the subscription expires?

Another thing, the last several times I have gone to upload pictures the upload feature doesn't work, is that feature limited to Sawhorses and I have somehow dropped out? To post pictures I have to upload them to my host, that's fine but I don't get thumbnails and post only full pictures, I can write the code to post both thumbnails and full pictures but I have to create both the thumbnail and the picture in Photoshop and write the UBB code, quite a nuisance, so I just post full pictures unless I am re-posting something from a long time ago that still remains in the cache.
I think this is still current::

http://www.thebuildingcodeforum.com/forum/website-discussion/9677-difference-between-sawhorse-registered-member.html

sorry Jeff,

I am on the pages you mentioned, there is My Subscriptions, not paid subscription folder nothing with a date

OK, not sure about why that is.1) You can look under your name when you post and see if you are a Sawhorse or Supporter2) You can see if you still have the same benefits.3) If you have recurring payments through PayPal then there is no issue4) An email is suppose to be sent out for renewal. I get mixed reviews on who gets these and who doesn't. Spam box?Here is a list of expired Sawhorses:
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
If you are on that list you are expired. If the program does not allow you to see those photos, you are expired or never contributed.If you can see those and are not on the lists then contact those that are if you know them.

View attachment 1188

View attachment 1189

View attachment 1190

View attachment 1188

View attachment 1189

View attachment 1190

/monthly_2015_05/572953d6c50ef_ScreenShot2015-05-27at9.43.36AM.jpg.636e7620f0c1fecc8e5bcc2915d74601.jpg

/monthly_2015_05/572953d6c8ae3_ScreenShot2015-05-27at9.43.47AM.jpg.1826b6da279c352fc6585343622e3dc0.jpg

/monthly_2015_05/572953d6cc6cc_ScreenShot2015-05-27at9.44.00AM.jpg.b279fea23bc435fabbb835459327f0d8.jpg

Francis Vineyard said:
On the top of the web page click on "Settings", next page; in the left column below "My Settings" click on "Paid Subscriptions", see the "Expiry Date" on the right side of the Active Subscription box on top of the page.
I do that and get this:
attachment.php
Again I still can't upload this file, I have to upload it to my host to post the URL here, I think I'm not shown as an active member or Sawhorse, maybe that's going on with others as well.View attachment 1191

View attachment 1191

/monthly_2015_05/code_forum.jpg.c1cd9ea8c7ef5e5faaa59af3ea72b549.jpg

From the list Jeff just posted I see I expired about 3 weeks ago, so I went in to renew and the only option was PayPal, I really didn't want it because of problems I had last time but took it anyway, now it automatically set up automatic renewal and I can't seem to get rid of that, PayPal's email says:

\ said:
To change or cancel your agreement with REMAS Inspections, log in to your PayPal account, go to your Profile, and click My money. Update your agreement in the "My preapproved payments" section.
I do not have a "my money" option in PayPal but I'll wait a few days before contacting them so I don't interfere with this payment. I hate automatically recurring payments.

From the North;;;

+ : + : + : +

For those that desire to send in payments & donations

via "Snail Mail", ...here is the street address:

Advanced Code Group

49 S. Main Street

Suite 302

Pittston, Pennsylvania 18640 - 1796

+ : + : + : +

You all are in the right place, just keep looking. There is My Subscriptions, then lower, Paid Subscriptions. Expiry date is top right.

How many people participate with posting? Not many. That hasn't changed much in years. First of all there are not that many people engaged in code enforcement in this country. Next is that of those thousands there are few that are involved enough to enjoy such a forum. I know that because I have invited several that I thought would be interested and they didn't bother with it. I know that because I see the same names over and over again with seldom a new regular participant. The last worthwhile new guy to join in and take part is jdfruit. He joined in January of this year. That's how slow this forum is growing.

It has nothing to do with the quality of the forum. It has everything to do with the dynamics of the potential membership. There aren't enough like minded individuals out there. It's not like we are Corvette owners.

We are stuck with paying the bills if this is to continue. Or Jeff might try a different approach. Lock out people that won't pay. Let them get a glimpse and then turn them away. Make it cheap. Ten dollars a year to see inside. Twenty to post. Thirty five to post with editing.

I don't see a down side to that. It is us paying now and that would not change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but

Getting the word out

There are enough code using people out there that either need help every so often or can contribute an answe every so often.

Plus might also be a generation thing. Getting the younger social media users involved.

I lie the site for occasional questions I have,

But more to keep code use and knowledgeable. I work for a city that we do not build much, or have abnormal code stuff, like my first two cities that were building constantly and had strange stuff come to town.

Getting the word out is a good tact....getting them to pay is the goal. I am convinced that there are inspectors out there that come here to see what's up without paying. They get to learn for free. That's a good thing and I applaud them. However there is a cost. If they are not willing to spend ten dollars for a year's worth of ongoing education then they are not serious about improving.

How about the information that Mark Handler has provided. There is a real value with that.

Mtlogcabin is a reliable source of code knowledge as are others here. That is worth more than we think.

Shirley there must be a way to capitalize on the forum content.

Last edited by a moderator:
I receive private messages and emails from people who tell me that they never post but they read the forum. In a way they are participating because our Google numbers are way up for activity but the actual posting remains about the same with a little growth. So in a way, those that just lurk help on one end but on the other end they are not helping the forum to grow. Remember, without the posting and interaction, there is no forum to read so the more we all post, the better and more informative this gets.

I just want more people to actually post and ask questions rather than searching for an answer on a subject that may have been posted 4 years ago. The codes change so the questions are always fresh even if they have been asked before.

I never got the email but saw from this thread and reupped for 2 --it might be late to ask but is there a retiree rate?

Frank said:
I never got the email but saw from this thread and reupped for 2 --it might be late to ask but is there a retiree rate?
I didn't think of that either, I retired, maybe in two more years we will get a break.