• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Lowes lawsuit

I remember the days when a 2 X 4 nominal dimension was 1 5/8 x 3 5/8.

Lowes should have done the right thing and fought it instead giving in thinking the 1.47 million was cheaper. Consumers are not being "mislead" when all design professionals and prescriptive load charts are based on the "nominal" dimensions of lumber.

I can't believe someone had the stones to file the suit! But, I guess they knew what they were doing............sad state of affairs.

fatboy said:
I can't believe someone had the stones to file the suit! But, I guess they knew what they were doing............sad state of affairs.
It was a civil enforcement action brought on by a branch of government

Follow the money. Where does the 1.47 million go?

We know the agency that filed the complaint was awarded 150,000 to add to their coffers.

the retailer was ordered to pay $1.47 million in civil penalties and costs of the investigation, and an additional $150,000 to fund further consumer protection-related activities.