• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Mass Code: 521 CMR Doorways

alacreative

A question for anyone with Massachusetts accessibility code experience. Within 521 CMR 26, there is no dimensional restriction on the hinge side of the door for pull side, latch side approach (figure 26d); the clear space required is just shown as a break line with no information. Can someone fill the gap for me on this? I'm unsure if a specific amount of clearance is required or not.

Thank you!
Anthony

Forgot to label the lower image is from the 2009 ICC/ANSI A117.1, there's no required clearance for the hinge side. I agree the shaded area can be deceptive.