• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Merry Christmas to All

Raymond Redington

On a crisp Christmas Eve, I find myself reflecting on a tale most fitting for this esteemed gathering of builders, architects, engineers, and inspectors.

In a bustling metropolis, known for its soaring skyscrapers and architectural wonders, there once stood an old, forgotten building. Its walls whispered stories of the past, its foundation as sturdy as the day it was laid, a testament to the craftsmen of yore.

One day, a young architect, filled with ambition and a touch of naivety, decided to resurrect this relic. His plan was audacious – to transform this ancient structure into a modern marvel, a fusion of the old and the new.

As construction began, the architect faced numerous challenges. The building, stubborn in its antiquity, resisted modernization. But our architect, fueled by determination, pressed on. He employed techniques both innovative and unorthodox, much to the chagrin and fascination of the local building inspectors.

As Christmas approached, the project neared completion. The old building, now a dazzling blend of history and modernity, stood proudly amidst the city's giants. Its walls no longer whispered but sang tales of triumph over adversity, of the old embracing the new.

So, my friends, as we gather tonight, let us raise a glass to the daring spirits, the architects of change who see not just buildings, but stories waiting to be told. May your constructions stand tall and your blueprints always bring forth the extraordinary.

Merry Christmas, and may your holidays be as grand and enduring as the structures you so skillfully create and inspect.

Raymond