• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Missing icc records?!??!?!

righter101

Gold Member
One of our inspectors was trying to renew his certifications and discovered that the ICC record of all his certifications has disappeared.

I decided to check my own and everyone in the department. Mine is there, but 2 out of 4 of our people that have ICC certs were completely missing from the ICC database.

He is trying to get to the bottom of it with ICC now, but I was wondering if anyone out there had checked their certs recently. Maybe worthwhile.....

Hope everyone is having a good summer..

John

Checked mine, certs are intact, as are my CEU records, thanks for the heads up though. Will check staffs in a bit.

Had this happen with a staff member last year. Icc had it straightened out in a couple of days. Another inspector in a different part of the country had the same name and had been credited with the certs. My inspector goes by his middle name and I had used that to sign him up for a couple of test instead of his legal name. My advice is be consistant with your name when testing for certs.

4 variations of the same person

John Doe

John R. Doe

John Richard Doe

Also be consistant with the address used. Anything to do with my certs and CEU's I use my home address not the AHJ's

Rick Doe

The bill anyway.....did finally get my Pool & Spa Code book, not quite the book of the month.

I was surprised that mine were there. I have sent several emails to the ICC and now they don't return my email or phone calls....

My complaints were 1) the 2009 I codes print quality (paper quality, durability, etc, was very below the previous years.) and 2) When I renew, you move up my renewal date to the actual date that I pay, so if I renew a month or 2 early, I am cutting my self from 36 months to 34. It may seem trivial, but seems cheesy to me, considering how much money we pump in to their system.

needless to say, I have to rely on the State for my questions, or ask someone else in our department to ask the ICC>..

Hahahaha.... almost a badge of honor though.

+ + + + + + + + + +

IMO, it is up to each individual to keep up with

each of their own certifications and training

certificates, ...regardless of what The Cow does

or does not do........That said, ...it appears as though

the regime propaganda has changed to "not" be

accountable for too much, except the revenue

stream into their Caesarian coffers!

As long as The Cow is the only "game in town"

[ so-to-speak ], ...we will continue to be

treated as sheep.

+ + + + + + + + + + +

righter101 said:
When I renew, you move up my renewal date to the actual date that I pay, so if I renew a month or 2 early, I am cutting my self from 36 months to 34. It may seem trivial, but seems cheesy to me, considering how much money we pump in to their system.>..

They cut my Exhaust Cert by 12 months, and still wanted the full amount of money. They did not get another chance for the Exhaust Cert or my Fire Extinguisher Cert. Nor will my employees be using ICC certs. Other certification programs are available, I will use those for my company.

My Permit Tech just renewed her cert, but found that it didn't exist when she tried the first time. Had to go up the chain at ICC to get it fixed. Also, ICC does not recognize the IAPMO certification for plumbing inspectors. I thought there was some reciprocity. Maybe not. or Definitely NOT.

Ewenme,

A few years ago IAPMO would give you a plumbing certificate if you had an active ICC cert and took a short easy online test. ICC would not receprocate though.

Durant said:
Ewenme,A few years ago IAPMO would give you a plumbing certificate if you had an active ICC cert and took a short easy online test. ICC would not receprocate though.
That is how I got mine course ICC accepted my SBCCI when they merged.

Today you have to have both res and comm IPC before IAPMO will let you take the short test (renewal exam is all it is) and give you an IAPMO cert

That was a short offering by IAPMO, I miss out, a couple of guys in my office got in on it and still maintain those certs.