• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Modell’s Sporting Goods alleging ADA violations

mtlogcabin said:
Really

I did not say theyneed to comply to the ADASAD

In Montana, state the laws that protects people with disabilities are the Montana Human Rights Act and the Montana Governmental Fair Practices Act.

Read those Acts

Once again. as some forget, that the ADA is not a building code, it is a Civil Rights Law.

Once again. as some forget, that the ADA is not a building code, it is a Civil Rights Law.
So why do you keep stating the BO's are allowing non-compliance in existing buildings when they do not have the authority to enforce civil right laws

mtlogcabin said:
So why do you keep stating the BO's are allowing non-compliance in existing buildings when they do not have the authority to enforce civil right laws
As I have said again and again, and for you once again

If the projects complied to the IBC and ANSI, they would not be sued.

It is BOs that do not enforce the code, whatever code, that are causing the flood of CIVIL RIGHTS LITIGATION.

Modell’s Sporting Goods alleging ADA violations

mark handler said:
As I have said again and again, and for you once againIf the projects complied to the IBC and ANSI, they would not be sued.

It is BOs that do not enforce the code, whatever code, that are causing the flood of CIVIL RIGHTS LITIGATION.
I will start using that comparison anymore that ADA is not a building code law, it's a civil rights law. Nice reminder, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free