• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Modular Homes fire issues

Good slide show.. the state inspectors need to pay attention.. since that's where the inspection responsibility lies.

the slide show was slow so I didn't see it all but I did pick up on one point (and I have a question). He is referring to modular houses but he speaks of what can be done with modular house as if they are built to a separate code. He spoke of drywall being attached with adhesive only. I thought the IRC required mechanical fasteners. In fact, I contacted one of the adhesive manufacturers a few months ago to question their advertising statement regarding attaching drywall with their product and asked for a report reference that would qualify as code approval. They didn't have one and said I'd have to check with local code authorities.