• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

More Bluebeam Integration Problems

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Bluebeam integrates with our permitting software and brings our markups back into our system which are automatically shown on our deficiency reports that we send to the permit holder. We were down for 2 weeks in a row starting Monday, July 3, 2023 and just recently again from July 18-20th. It just came back up.

Does anyone else experience these Bluebeam downtimes for integrations?

I have yet to work where there is any integration, so I don't even know what it looks like. But the way I do it doesn't seem to present any issues. Ignorance is bliss though, because if I find out integration makes the job easier I will want it. I did try to bring new permit software in to one of my previous AHJ's that offered integration, and the demo's seemed cool but from the plan review side it didn't seem to help much. It did look like it would be more beneficial to the admin side. The AHJ balked, and everywhere I have worked are so firmly entrenched and invested in their software systems they won't even consider another system, even if demonstrably better.

BB weakness is their tech support, but I use it in such a narrowly defined and limited capacity I don't often need any help.

I have yet to work where there is any integration, so I don't even know what it looks like. But the way I do it doesn't seem to present any issues. Ignorance is bliss though, because if I find out integration makes the job easier I will want it. I did try to bring new permit software in to one of my previous AHJ's that offered integration, and the demo's seemed cool but from the plan review side it didn't seem to help much. It did look like it would be more beneficial to the admin side. The AHJ balked, and everywhere I have worked are so firmly entrenched and invested in their software systems they won't even consider another system, even if demonstrably better.

BB weakness is their tech support, but I use it in such a narrowly defined and limited capacity I don't often need any help.
Moving to another system is a daunting task at best. It is not just learning the new system all over but the transfer of data from one to another is the most challenging part of all. The conversion is always full of mistakes. I wish there was a standard that all systems were built upon to make moving to a better mousetrap easier.

Having my own issues trying to make bluebeam work with our new software. Its supposed to but......