• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

More Changes to Website Coming by the end of this week and weekend

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Now that we are in the new server, we are cleaning up a few mistakes that I made over the past year and a half that I have had this site.

#1, we will be dropping the phpbb from the site address. There will be a redirect for this so it should be seamless. Just some of your cookies may have to be reset if you have them saved. This will be a one time thing.

#2, There will now be a mobile friendly site for those that use a droid, blackberry or other mobile device to connect to the internet.

All of this has already been started but it won't be finalized and rolled out until the weekend although some items may be sooner.

Again, if you have trouble logging in, clear your cookies and take note of the new address, it is a 1 time thing as the redirects will be in place.

Example:

The current address for the forum is:

inspectpa.com/phpbb/forum.php

The new address will be:

inspectpa.com/forum/forum.php

We will essentially be dropping the phpbb from the address because we don't use that software.

Pass this along.

Looks as if the upgrade of a couple of weeks ago has been undone. Gone are the "NEW/OLD" tags on the forums.

Bill

CSS is broken in Opera again - it was working before the change and portions of it have been intermittent while the changes were going on - but now it's completely crapped out again.

No reply from the IT company since they told me the update is complete. I will start doing the small things that I am capable of. May have to wait until Monday.

Everyone will have to clear their cookies and start over to have most of their system back up and running.

Other than CSS and the NEW/OLD tags, is there anything else missing?

jpranch said:
Don't mean to be a dumbbell but how do you clear cookies?
In fire fox it's Tools|Options|ShowCookies from there you can clear all of 'em or one at a time. Other browsers are similar.

Bill

On the employment thread, it use to have the most current post come up first,

now it is alphabetical, or something like that

how do you see the most current post when you go directly to that thread????

cda said:
On the employment thread, it use to have the most current post come up first,now it is alphabetical, or something like that

how do you see the most current post when you go directly to that thread????
The man in charge of the employment section who does all of the postings wants it that way so I set it up that way since he is doing such a great job.

ok

next question how do I upload pictures????

I thought there use to be some boxes below that you went to to up load pictures???

so what are the steps now???

I understand that.... If the posts aren't being removed as they are closed tho, it's tough to find the newly listed jobs without going thru old Annapolis, Baltimore, Chicago, Denver, Elmore, etc to find something new and interesting (like in Yuma). I'm not looking, but for those who are... Just sayin'

Last edited by a moderator: