• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

More from the IPMC

Oh my......reminds me of the one I saw in a room on a porch, it had a shower and sink too. You had to exit the rental unit to use the bathroom.

After my Granddad had a stroke they installed a 'seat only' toilet room next to the kitchen for him. The only proper bathroom on the main level was in a portion that was rented for the summer and he couldn't navigate the stairs well enough in an 'emergency'... :eek:

Edit: Used part of the front porch for it.

Looks just like my first farm house in Woodlawn VA. built in 1938. Had a wall mounted tank wc in one of the upstairs bedroom. It was a pain in the :butt to work on.

There were no closets; built-in dressers in the knee walls. Wife used to say it was a house that Mickey Mouse built.

"Afraid to ask but what is it hooked up to?

NO TOILET PAPER, NO WASH UP SINK...."

It's hooked up to the dumpster now. This was a travel trailer that was illegally installed in a non conforming mobile home park. I thought it was a regular single wide until I saw the running lights on the front. It was disguised with an addition on the back. The park was only approved for single wides. They moved this in after a big flood associated with hurricane Isabell took out some units. The park is non conforming because it is in a flood plain. Since they are not allowed to move in any new units they had to demo or remove this one. It was sold for scrap and dismantled. It was a dangerous mess anyway and the owner knew it.