• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

More Web Stats after 4 weeks

jar546

Forum Coordinator
7 = the number of countries that our users come from (US, UK, CAN, China, Russia, Israel, unknown)

51 = the number of States plus DC that our users come from

7,000+ = the number of visitors to our site

220,000+ = the number of page views

70% = the percentage of traffic directly typed in at the browser

27% = the percentage of traffic from links at referring sites

3% = the percentage of traffic from search engines (this one needs improvement)

Top 5 states for use of the site:

1) California (48 locations lead by Walnut Creek)

2) Pennsylvania (42 locations lead by Scranton and Avondale)

3) Illinois (24 locations lead by Buffalo Grove)

4) Washington (31 locations lead by Seattle)

5) Texas (17 locations lead by Euless)

Re: More Web Stats after 4 weeks

"""""unknown""""

some one is stealing or top secret stuffffffffff

HAY I have not even broken 100 yet

136 visitors from Florida. Not all are members. This is the total amount of people who have visited the site as a registered user and guest.

I will not exclude the search engine bots anymore! After further study they take stuff back to the host!

Those unknown my just be pack! :lol:

Jeff, you frogot to mention 243 registered. Bet icc (international cash cow) has not even come close to that!

I suspect the "1) California (48 locations lead by Walnut Creek)" is mostly all me, I have it in a tab in Firefox and my computer is on about 16 hours per day, logs in a lot of stats and skews the averages.

JP: The ICC site is about dead! The last time I checked nothing was happening. Most of the responses have come from members of this board. I believe for now ICC has blown the BB issues and those that use it. Biggest problem is they have excluded the public and made it a pay for use only.

I have no stats or #'s but a fair amount of readers and users didn't have a membership. They have been left in cyberspace with no answers to code questions or resolve for problems. They can pound the login button all they want, but until they pay it is just a black hole!

In time the public will fine our site and real time problems will be posted here.

RJJ said:
I believe for now ICC has blown the BB issues and those that use it. Biggest problem is they have excluded the public and made it a pay for use only.
Don't you think that's exactly what they wanted to do? After the fiasco in Minneapolis I don't think they want the public to see what's going on with the in-fighting between the structural and the fire people. Add the new Green and Energy Efficiency problems that are going to be jockeying for power, and I suspect that they'd rather operate in a vacuum unavailable to public scrutiny.

The code business has become political and nobody wants to see what goes on in the smoke-filled rooms where political decisions are made.

I wasn't able to attend the "forum" on the discussion boards in Baltimore.

Was anybody there?

What was said?

Gene: Vegas Paul was present and Peach. From what I understand the group listen to Paul on a number of issue regarding the old BB. Thus the link and maybe a more user friendly board. Other then that just lip service. I was present along with JP and a representative from WABO at the fire side chat.

Almost nobody called in and the questions had nothing to do with real issues. The board members tried to be comfortable under the pressure of an open mic. I chose just to listen while JP did raise a valid question. Sometimes being a fly on the wall has its advantages. I have not commented much on what I observed in Baltimore. I have had a great deal to ponder and sometimes it is better to listen then just run ones mouth. I have thought hard on your comment about working the system. For the short term I will remain quite.

CA: I am not sure if it was intended or bad judgement. They know that this site is home to all the old BB players and it is growing. I don't believe I have any reason to go back. My concern is to promote and grow this site. To make it a center of good code debate, professional and fun all at the same time. A place to find answers from others in the same business and to educate each other. If we as a group can do this and help the less experienced and private folks then its three ataboys for all.

FM, Thanks. That picture was taken about 9 days ago. That is my wife & I riding on our place.

rjj, good post. I still do not know what to make of all the stuff I saw in Baltimore? :?:

MT, I was waiting for that ;)

Got to admit, JP could be a close second for the Marlboro Man (minus the smokes) :) Got to give you your props....Montana is one of my favorite states and praying to move either there or southern Utah when I'm ready for another change.

Kinda reminds me of Lonesome Dove (one of my favorites also).