1. ATTENTION returning members. If you are coming here from the old forum for the first time, you will need to reset you password. However, we had an email problem getting password reset links set out to a lot of the email addresses. That problem is temporarily rectified but IF you still have an issue, email me direct at info@thebuildingcodeforum.com and I will give you a temporary password.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

My Brain Hurts - 2012 Gumby Award Nominee

Discussion in 'Palaearctic–African Bird Migration' started by brudgers, Jan 22, 2012.

1. jar546

jar546 *****istrator

No pain, no brain

2. fatboy

fatboy Administrator

A friend of mine ended up with a 2" staple in his head, same thing, surgery to remove it. Came from his brother on a ladder, slipping........talk about sibling rivalry, eh?

3. ICE

ICE Sawhorse

I was in an ER when a guy was wheeled in who had shot himself in the left foot right through all of the main toe joints except the last toe with a 16d ring shank nail. The ER doc put an x-ray in a viewer and asked me to have a look. The doctor asked how I would remove the nail. I told him to cut off the foot and send it to a machine shop. I didn't know that the poor guy that shot himself could hear us until he let out a wail. He, no doubt, thought that I was another doctor.

4. mmmarvel

mmmarvel Moderator

According to the newspaper report "... accidentally shot himself in the back of the head with a nail gun Tuesday morning..." I'm still trying to figure out how you crank your arm up to where your nail gun is pointing to the back of your head.

5. High Desert

High Desert Gold Member

6. Papio Bldg Dept

Papio Bldg Dept Platinum Member

So if your brain can't feel a 3 1/2" nail embedded in there, why is it that some of the questions I am asked at the counter end up hurting my brain?

7. Papio Bldg Dept

some of the guys around the office have been asking the same question...a few think his fiancee may have assisted him, or there may have been a been a "shed contractor" hiding behind a grassy knoll.

8. gbhammer

gbhammer Platinum Member

Oh there may have been some grass involved alright.

9. High Desert

High Desert Gold Member

He obviously had the pressure set way too high, or he was way too high.

10. brudgers

brudgers Platinum Member

You should probably see the doctor.

11. Papio Bldg Dept

thanks brudgers, made my day.

12. peach

peach Sawhorse

I almost took at job there.. having said that.. looking at the angle of entry, how does one shoot a nail from a nail gun into the back of one's own head? Stretch Armstrong arms, maybe?

13. brudgers

brudgers Platinum Member

Start with a 12 pack of Pabst.