• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

My experience with browser issues

brudgers

Platinum Member
I use Opera 10.5.

Initially, threads were displaying wonky here on the board after the upgrade.

Other vbulletin sites were fine. This site displayed fine in IE8 and Chrome (without logging in).

Finally I logged in with Chrome.

The next time I tried Opera, the wonkyness was gone...and has been ever since.

So try logging in with a different browser and then go back with your favorite.

For those who haven't done so yet...change your landing page to:

http://www.inspectpa.com/phpbb/forum.php

Doing so will eliminate some of the odd behavior.

We have had about 8 trouble tickets open with VBulletin itself over various issues. The communication for the trouble tickets was between the IT company I hired and VBulletin direct. This way, the software company themselves were working on the problems.

At this point, every single item has been resolved except for 1. That one issue has to do with old attachments such as photos that were transferred from the old board, not new ones.

All of the logging in issues are fixed, all of the diagnostic runs are without errors and hundreds of people are logging in without a problem, including myself who has logged in under several of your accounts to test the waters and there is not a problem on our end.

If you are still having a problem at this point, contact your ISP, change your browser to Firefox, Chrome, OPera or anything different than what you currently have.

When the manufacturer of the software and the professional IT company tell me we are 100% then I can only assume that we are.

I apologize to anyone who is still having problems. If you are then at this point you will have to deal with it yourself as I will not be spending any more money trying to figure out your problem.

Other then browser issues, there are personal settings and security settings that are controlled on your end. Please check your settings in those areas.

This is a more secure platform for us to work from and your security settings may have to change. The old site was easier to log on to and also unsafe as a result of that ease.

I just thought I'd share my experience last week in case it might shed some light on other people's issues.

I'm not having any trouble.

It appeared as if logging in with a different browser actually fixed some setting with my account and made the pages start displaying correctly in Opera.

And of course Changing the landing page also helped.

The reason I didn't report the problem was because it was obvious to me that it was a problem with my settings not vbulletin.

funny.. I whine enough and things are fixed... (I think).. and I didn't do anything different.. something stabilized.. thanks