• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Name that violation - Residential SFR

Offhand I would say the times are too close to the form but actually looking at the engineers design would be required to confirm that. I don't have a copy of the ACI book or code book handy right now for the sections involved.

If that's a foundation wall, those bars are #5's you need more coverage, 1.5 inches at the wall face. If #4's .75 inches of coverage.

Insufficient clearance and the welded wire horizontal reinforcement should be continuous through the pilaster.

Also, never seen a column hoop in that shape. Was that shape specified by the EoR? The bends appear to be a violation of ACI 318; too tight of a radius.

Is it an engineered design? We are in a high seismic zone, but high wind zones could be in effect too. If either were in effect I can't imagine an Engineer would design it this way or approve it, for the reasons already stated.
Any required horizontal bars needed?
If that's a foundation wall, those bars are #5's you need more coverage, 1.5 inches at the wall face. If #4's .75 inches of coverage.