• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Nation's First Master Deck Professionals!

Glenn

I have worked with the North American Deck and Railing Assocation, NADRA.org, for the last couple of years to put together the Master Deck Professional, Code and Standards, Certification. Deck contractors and other industry professionals must go through 16 hours of education on construction codes related to decks and get an 80% or better score on four, separate, 50 question exams.

I am proud to announce the first three contractors in the nation to be certified deck professionals regarding the regulatory codes that govern their industry. These are contractors that are serious about the decks they build, and they deserve a little acknowledgement for their hard work to learn and earn this designation.

NADRA will announce the newly certified members at the end of every month and I will share it here on this thread.

See if you know these guys...do they come into your building department? Please give them the kudos they deserve for their accomplishment.

Two guys from Maryland and one guy from West Virginia. They are bringing up the professionalism of deck construction!

NADRA Industry Update