• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Need input for Google Search added to top of pages

jar546

Forum Coordinator
I installed a google search box that will be at the top of all pages and does not take up much room.

Is this necessary seeing how most browsers have a search built in anyway.

Do you like it, not like it, want it here or want me to remove it?

Just trying stuff out

I like it and can uncheck the box to search whatever, However when I do that is there way to open as an additional window without loosing where i am in the board?

I think it just takes up real estate. Now there are two search boxes at the top of the screen? I haven't seen any other vB sites with google search at the top.

I have a google search box in my browser bar. In the rare instance I though using google search would be better than the vB search i would do "attic access site:inspectpa.com"

How often is the google search updated?

Just my honest .02

I tried the new search bar at the top of the page. I didn't get much positive results

for what I was looking for on this forum. I DID try it numerous times and it never

did give me what I was looking for.

I know that it was / is, "for the most part" user error, so I may not be the best

judge of it. I DO however, like the idea of you trying new things to bring to the

membership. At least you are trying to tweak things for the betterment of all.

Kudos to you my "gracious forum provider!"

I like it...especially since I didn't notice it until I read this thread (which can be both good and bad). Its not intrusive, which is nice.

I'm very partial to Google tools, so I didn't mind seeing it or having it there. But there is a built in search box in the title bar. If it works better, keep it. If not, I see no need for it. I suggest leaving it there a few weeks and then ask if people like it and want to keep it.

It is ok! I seem to still search my main google tool bar if I am on the site and need a search. I am slow with changes so I guess it is a matter of getting use to it.