• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

NEMA - Southern Region Field Representative

Bryan Holland

Silver Member
Good Morning Everyone,

I am pleased to report that I have accepted a position with the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) as the Southern Region Field Representative. My official first day at NEMA will be May 19th.

As soon as I get my credentials and contact information established with NEMA, I will provide you my new phone number(s) and email address for all future correspondence. I anticipate my NEMA email address will be Bryan.Holland@NEMA.org.

While the Southern Region covers 11-states (FL, GA, AL, MS, LA, TX, OK, TN, VA, SC, NC), my base of operations will remain here in Florida.

For those of you not familiar with NEMA or the Field Representative Program, following is a link the NEMA webpage on the Field Rep Program:

http://www.nema.org/Technical/FieldReps/pages/default.aspx

In short, Field Reps:

Alert NEMA members through the Code Alert system to code-related issues at the state and local level that may delay or prohibit installation of their products.

Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) throughout the U.S. By nurturing these relationships, field reps can exert influence on the installation of NEMA member products while gaining valuable insight on state and local issues for NEMA members.

Provide training on the latest safety codes and on the proper installation and use of NEMA member products.

Maintain up to date reports on the current adoption and implementation of electrical codes and energy codes in the U.S.

Have expert knowledge of the code adoption processes and of influential individuals who can impact these processes at the state and local level.

Advocate NEMA positions pertaining to electrical safety, code adoptions and other issues of importance to NEMA members.

Assist in solving problems involving the installation of NEMA member products by serving as intermediaries between AHJs and NEMA member companies.

I look forward to continuing my relationship with each and every one of you in this new capacity. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions or would like to learn more about the many ways NEMA can be of service to you with your electroindustry issues or concerns.

I hope you all have a great day. I will be in touch...

Please take care & be safe,