• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

New here

Jagbender

Hello all, I am new here! A little background I am a CBC builder in Florida. I have my ICC B2 exam passed and m working for a City as a building Inspector / Provisional plans examiner. I am in the process of taking the ICC B3 plans examiner test. I have taken the B3 test and received a 74 TWICE!.

I know the exam categories are weighted. I have scored 100 on three of the 7 categories. I am getting hung up on Public safety grade 59 Roof Ceiling construction 65 and Floor construction 67
I know it is necessary to get qualifying scores on these categories. I believe I know a couple of the questions I am getting hung up on.

Is there anyone here that could help coach me o a couple of questions?

Keep studying and don't stop trying. It's only a small part of a life-long career in code education. The actual fact is: You are better for the extra studying!"

PS: In my first year, I failed the mechanical plans examiner test 2 times. On the third time, I realized that I had been rushing and not reading the questions thoroughly. I had been in such a hurry to get thru the test that I had made several false assumptions which lead to incorrect answers.