• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

New ICC Board of Directors member...

Codegeek

Jim was installed last night at the annual banquet as a new member of the ICC Board of Directors. He had his first Board meeting today.

incognito said:
Not to change the subject but....for those who were there, what are your thoughts on the guy from Nebraska?
That would be Steve Nordhues. He dose monitor this board and participates. He made a very good showing this year. I expect to see him again next year?

Yes Jim, I do intend to make another run at it next year. If the members here are so inclined, I would appreciate any feedback, both negative and positive, about this years run for the board. I have a fairly thick skin so please be brutally honest.

Just got back from 3 days in the black hills. Had 3 tags. Elk, Lion, & Deer. The deer drew the short straw. Sure was good for dinner tonight! Back in the saddle tomorrow.

To be objective! I was there to get Jim elected. Now to be objective. I thought the booth idea feel short. What you need to do is reach out to the voting blocks one by one. It costs a lot of time, $ and effort. I believe your heart is in the right place and this is what ICC needs to go forward. Good people. There are many challenges ahead for the ICC board. What I feel is missing is what you will do for the members. Or what you propose to do. I am sure you realize that many members still feel left in the cold. Within the business meeting there are many groups dealing with what they want and who they want. These are the groups you need to reach.

Thanks for your run and best of luck in the future. Also, thanks for being from the floor. If you had not been there we would have lost by one vote on the first go round. I won't say who didn't vote, but it gave us another shot.

Steve, you need to get your name and face out there more. You were kind of an unknown to the membership. Try to get as many ICC chapters and organizations to give their support. Portland was a start. Now that people know who you are, continue talking with as many members as you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I liked the booth idea and heard very positive comments. That simple effort demonstrated a willingness to be more accessible to the membership than any board member or potential board member ever has. I would expect to see that idea copied in the future.

The resume was different from others, informative yet a bit entertaining

The responses during the candidates forum seemed sincere and unrehearsed. Easily within the top 3 of the candidates.

Obviously a fairly low budget effort but from comments I heard the name recognition achieved was significant.

While unconventional, the effort was well received overall. The next effort will have to be more of an effort to gain support of entire voting blocks prior to the ABM. Sadly, that is just the way it works. Good luck to both next year. Hopefully won't be running against each other.