• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

New Neighborhood Inspector

shawnp

About a month back I made a career change and accepted a position as a Neighborhood Inspector. This entails Rental inspections and Code Compliance/Enforcement (nuisances, maintenance conditions etc.). This community is roughly 27,000 people and we have a rental stock of nearly 4,000 units. So I anticipate being quite busy. There are currently no systems in place, so I will get the pleasure of helping develop those for this role as it is a newly created position. There are 2 other Building Inspectors in place that handle all things construction related. I will stay in my lane.
I'm seeking resources -- software programs, training videos, etc. for full implementation ideas. We are upgrading to Incode 9 Cloud soon, so that will be the tool I utilize. In my limited time playing around with it I find it clunky and not very intuitive. Do any of you use this platform for Code Enforcement case tracking? Rental tracking as well? If anyone that has ample experience is willing to offer up some insight I would be most grateful.

TIA