• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

New Post

docgj

Silver Member
Can the forum be set up to only show new posts since the last we have viewed the postings? If we have not viewed a post it shows as a new post each and every time we pull up the home page.

docgj

Re: New Post

I will look into that but I don't think that this software supports that. Hopefully it does. What I have been doing is marking all posts as "read" after I read the ones that i want to. Then when I return only the posts that have been here since I left are showing as new.

I've been refreshing the page with "view active topics" left side, under the header.

It then highlights topics which have new posts I haven't seen, although you still start with post one in that topic while reading.

I understand what you're looking for, the Fine Homebuilding forum works in that you jump right to the unread posts. It is based on Prospero software. They are going to dump it soon, and move to a free open-source board.

Overall, I really like the features of this board.

mj

With so many categories (and sub-categories) to choose from, the first thing I do is hit the 'View active topics' button. There are several pages to it, but I rarely go past page two. If somethings been quiet for more than a couple of days I generally won't add to it, unless it's a REALLY good point.