• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Uncle Bob

I do wish we could get the "New Posts/What's New?" page fixed; so it provides, at least, the last weeks posts and replies. On the old BB this was very usefull.

If two threads are posted in one main subject; using the forum; you don't see the first one at all. And, if someone replies to an older post in that main subject area; the last thread is not visible and many threads and post are lost because we don't know they are there.

You have to click on the lead catagory (main subject) to be sure you haven't missed some new posts.

As it stands; when you click on "New Posts/ What's New?"; it may bring up one or a couple or several new posts and/or threads. It is not consistant.

This is causing a loss of interest on many subjects because they are not readily visible when you come to the site; and you must click on each subject heading to find them if another thread has been posted after it.

Please fix so that, when clicking on "New Posts/ What's New?"; we can see all posts for at least the last week (7 days); every time please.

This will help,

Uncle Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok! I will look into it and see I that can be corrected. Not sure if Jeff is around or not. Said he was going away. Do you really want a full week?

Now it works from the last time you were on.

RJJ,

How about two full pages; at least. I'm telling you; people don't want to have to hunt and peck to find the last posts. They scroll the subject area; and if someone posted a thread over the last one; the last one is lost. It will help membership.

Uncle Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now I can't log in to the control panel! I can't remember my pass code! It was either my social followed by my shoe size or my birth date followed by my belt size or my IQ followed by my phone number. May be a combinations of all of the above. So I have 15 minutes till I can try again!

You can also go into your personal settings and set it up so the latest posts are always on top in a thread (exception "Employment"). I have found this setting helpful.

vBulletin Message

Sorry, there are no new posts to view.

You may search for posts updated during the previous 24 hours, here

When you click "here" you get the last 24 hours of postings. Is there a way to change that to days, weeks or month?

OK! I was not successful in this change. If you go along the top of the page and click advanced search then type in new posts you will see about 3 pages of posts. Try that and see if it helps.