• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Newbie from the Fire Side Checking in...

T

Truck3capt

The forum looks like a great resource to hash out all things Code related. I've been working in our FD fire prevention bureau for a year last week after 15 years on shift in our operations division. I'm splitting my time between fire investigations and building safety work doing inspections, fireworks permitting/site inspections and occasional plan reviews when the boss is covered up or out of town.

Education pre-fire department was architectural and I've come into our prevention bureau as a licensed architect. Seemed to make sense so I put in for the opening, but I'm finding out how much I leaned on consultants to take care of the fire protection work on our projects now that I'm on the other side of the table. Looking forward to being able to cuss and discuss this new world with people that have been at it longer!

Well welcome!!!

A little different than shift work.

And, like you say makes you feel you do not know anything.

Sounds like your dept scored, with your background!!!

welcome in, I do both Fire and Building amongst other things for my community, this is a great resource.

you could also check out Eparade a group on Yahoo another great resource

Thanks, guys (and gals). I'll check out Eparade on Yahoo. Looking forward to talking with all of you more in the future!

We have the Illinois Fire Inspectors Association 1st Annual Combined Conference in E. Peoria next week. (Wednesday, April 29, 2015 to Friday, May 1, 2015) I'm approved for two days next week thurs and Friday. They have breakouts for investigators and the building safety folks at the same conference.

Commish- You're not too far from my mom's home base. We're staying at the family cabin up in Rutland for a couple weeks this summer.

Nice little town. Not much there, mostly a bedroom community for Worcester it seems. Most of the other people in the summer "camps" next to us are from Worcester, Paxton, Barre and Holden. Spent every summer there as a kid. A lot nicer scenery out east than the flatlands and cornfields here in Illinois. Looking forward to it. Haven't been out in a couple years.

Truck3capt; WELCOME!!!

I know architects like different practice areas, you may be the first or one of very few in Fire Prevention. Congratulations.