• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

No more lurking

Grandpa

Hi, All. I have been checking out this site for a couple of weeks, reading a lot of the old posts, and decided that it is time to quit lurking and say "Hi". I see a veritable treasure trove of information and experience here that I intend on tapping into in the future.

Well Welcome to the board and we would like to tap into your veritable treasure trove of information and experience so please post away when you can

steveray, you can borrow the car, but it is out of gas. mtlogcabin, the BB is the treasure trove, I have but a small cache of information that I will gladly share, mostly slim pickins here.

I for one am tired of all this anti-lurking sentiment.

At least when lurkers have a tantrum and decide to quit this board they don't moan about it for 3 days and start new threads to announce it. We just fade away and lurk elsewhere.

Then again I am sick of this lurker-bashing. . . Now you'll never know if I might be here maybe reading your posts or not.

(Unless you are smart enough to check Who's Online)

Oh yeah and I don't like the colors or the fonts or typing or having to click on things.

If this board wasn't such an outstanding code resource it would really be worthless as a code resource.

I think I talked myself down.

Maybe

If you have something very simple and clear, chances are we can turn it in to something quite difficult and convoluted.

Welcome aboard.

Thank you all for the welcome, the resultant warm fuzzies is something I haven't experienced since I issued my first Stop Work Order. I will try not to step on any toes, but if I do, I will not grind my foot.

Lurker said:
I for one am tired of all this anti-lurking sentiment.At least when lurkers have a tantrum and decide to quit this board they don't moan about it for 3 days and start new threads to announce it. We just fade away and lurk elsewhere.

Then again I am sick of this lurker-bashing. . . Now you'll never know if I might be here maybe reading your posts or not.

(Unless you are smart enough to check Who's Online)

Oh yeah and I don't like the colors or the fonts or typing or having to click on things.

If this board wasn't such an outstanding code resource it would really be worthless as a code resource.

I think I talked myself down.

Maybe
Sorry, I got lost in all the falderal - your point was????

Grandpa said:
Thank you all for the welcome, the resultant warm fuzzies is something I haven't experienced since I issued my first Stop Work Order. I will try not to step on any toes, but if I do, I will not grind my foot.
Ah yes, that is a memorable moment, isn't it? Ranks right up there with losing your first tooth, riding a bike for the first time and losing one's ******** - okay, I'll stop now.

Welcome to anyone from the Big Sky Country. Have fun here Grandpa...

And I admit somedays I lurk here too.