• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

No place for a post specific to safety

ICE

Oh Well
Tell me that I am not the only one to run into this.

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Scary, especially since there is a conduit so close that can be used a tie-off point.

Years ago, the local POCO issued a safety bulliting that forbid climbing a ladder unless it was firsttied off at the top.

Got a laugh out of me, but then I thought......well, I've climbed them when they didn't even have that! (pre-inspection days)

I would think that clamping it to the concrete parapet wall with a rubber pad for slip resistance would be more secure than tying it off to the conduit. Not much strength in conduit or its attachemnt to the wall.

At least they can make lemonade......but seriouly...people are into piercings these days....can't believe you are so hard on them!... :) How far is that rebar above the dirt?

ICE said:
The notice said, "Install OSHA approved impalement protection."
DSCN2962.jpg

DSCN2965.jpg
What you think OSHA won't approve that? I hear that out your way they ticket inspectors on roofs not contractors.

gbhammer said:
What you think OSHA won't approve that? I hear that out your way they ticket inspectors on roofs not contractors.
OSHA a cruel hoax.

* * * = * * *

"No place for a post specific to safety. Tell me that I am not the only one to run into this."
Late on the response I know, but, ...uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmm...,isn't the majority of this Forum about safety ?

* * * = * * *

You just want everything, don't you?.....Looks like they have the feet dug in at least.....Looks like they had enough ladder to kick it back, maybe they don't like em bouncy....