• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

No starter strip req. w/ ice and h2o

PORTEOUS

Bronze Member
Had a contractor tell me the other day that he had a math and engineering degree from Pennsylvania somewhere and he did not think he needed a starter strip w/ certanteed shingles if he had ice and h2o down, now I showed him the package stating it was req on any application and he went on explaning why he thought is should not and when he said he had the certanteed rep coming to town to discuss the matter I could not get a card out fast enough to tell him to give me a call. I did do the final roof on said house and he did have the starter stip down so I imagine he got his reply from certanteed. Imagine that. Bill