• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Nobody died

ICE

Oh Well
My father was an electrical contractor. He had a union shop that did everything from tract housing to power plants. The picture is a piece of wire from one of his jobs. I recall a project where the conductors were copper pipes with water flowing to cool the pipe.

In my late teens there was a time when I took a job working in a machine shop. I was tasked with operating a band saw. The on/off switch was loose so I opened it up to see if I could mount it. I noticed that the ground wire was not landed. I asked the shop foreman about that and he said that if the green wire is hooked up the breaker trips immediately. So I said, well there must be a ground fault. He said okay then you are the new plant electrician.

About a month later I was working on something which I don't remember but I did call my father and ask for advice. He said that I was to go to the office and tell them to mail my check and get the Hell out of there. He also said that I had just enough electrical knowledge to get people killed.

20230228_104604.jpg

Last edited:
My father was an electrical contractor. He had a union shop that did everything from tract housing to power plants. The picture is a piece of wire from one of his jobs. I recall a project where the conductors were copper pipes with water flowing to cool the pipe.
Next you’re going to show us a c-tap for that wire …