• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Nook Sprinkler Coverage Required?

indyarchyguy

I also posted this under NFPA.

I have a client that would like to create a nook for their dog at the office. The nook would be located under a stair adjacent to the office space. The walls of the stair are constructed with a 1-hour rated UL assembly. The ceiling of the nook (under the stair) is also rated 1-hour. The question is whether a sprinkler is required within the nook? The nook would be approximate 36-inches deep. The question is at what head clearance would a sprinkler head under the stair be triggered? For some reason I thought 44-inches maximum height...but I am unsure. NFPA 13 - 2010 edition here.