• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

not yet legal

linnrg

Sawhorse
Working on my rental and this bull came into the yard. It is moose hunting season. They have to have antlers that measure 50" or better. 2 years in a row he has teased me - sure hope he keeps coming thru every hunting season.IMG_3248.JPG

Being a non hunter

Do you use a laser measure or tape measure, to determine legal size?

I watch the tuna shows and they use a ribbon tape measure

key is to not shoot until you get a view of the antlers. Moose antlers usually get large palm shaped as they get bigger. When they are over 50 the bull is also a lot larger body than this one is.

$ ~ $ ~ $

Not much "hunting" if this fellow is wandering in to

your back yard......Seems more like shooting fish in
a barrel.

Also, ...what is the deal with shooting moose anyway ?
Are they that much of a nuisance ?

$ ~ $ ~ $

$ ~ $ ~ $

Not much "hunting" if this fellow is wandering in to
your back yard......Seems more like shooting fish in
a barrel.

Also, ...what is the deal with shooting moose anyway ?
Are they that much of a nuisance ?

$ ~ $ ~ $

"A 1,600-lb (726-kg) moose will dress out at about 950 lbs (431 kg), yielding approximately 500 lbs (227 kg) of meat."

Moose are very good eating and yes they produce a lot of meat. They eat birch and willow trees mostly - and of course anybody cabbage they can get to. They eat my raspberries, current bushes and would love to get to the apple trees that the rabbits have now destroyed. In years past have had caribou in the same yard