• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Noticed something funny when ordering some code books

texas transplant

Silver Member
Needed a couple of new code books. 2006 IBC.

Softcover English: $78.75

Softcover Spanish: $68.00

Just thought that was funny. (strange) ??????

Re: Noticed something funny when ordering some code books

Spanish test. Can someone tell me what this says?

Pasillo.Un componente de acceso a la salida que define y establece una ruta de acceso de salida de viaje.

Spanish test. Can someone tell me what this says?Pasillo.Un componente de acceso a la salida que define y establece una ruta de acceso de salida de viaje.
"Walkway: A component of access on the way out that defines and establishes a route of access at the outset of trip."

So, I cheated!

www.freetranslation.com

:geek:

gene and rjj: both pretty close. The phrase loses something in the translation from English to Spanish, and back from Spanish to English. It was actually the definition of an "Aisle."

Spanish language is smart they use a lot less words, hince the lower cost.