• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

NY building code regarding Ballrooms/Ball halls

D

Dewr Cwningen

Hello.

I'm currently redesigning a big ballroom 500+ sqm in a commercial multi-storey building.
Unfortunately, I didn't have previous experience of working with NY building codes (and in NY in general), therefore I am a bit lost.

Is there any chapter/article of any code, which has standards/requirements for ballrooms?
I could find only some data regarding general "public spaces with high capacity", but maybe there is something more detailed, e.g. positioning of main and fire entrances/exits, placement of tables depending on capacity, necessity to have a stage, etc.

I would be very grateful if someone could give a hint on this.

Kindly,
Dewr