• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Oh No!

ICE

Oh Well
Staff member
One of the inspectors Googled "Electrical Bonding Bushing" because he was looking for a picture of a bonding bushing to show contractors what it looks like. He came up with this picture. He made copies for the other inspectors in case they wanted one to show to contractors. I immediately recognized the picture. The caption with the picture says, "Should the lock nut be there with the bushing". Quite often I post a picture with such a caption but there is much more going on. There are several missing bonding bushings and the conductors should be derated for however many there are in the conduit.

I remember when Jeff wondered if people are going to stumble upon my pictures and think that it's the right way to do it. This is almost embarrassing.