• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Old Inspectors

cda

Sawhorse 123
Kind of Code related,,,,

So approaching retirement and the magic age.

Anyone have thoughts/ opinions on:

Medicare Advantage​

vs​

Medigap​

Which is better
Which is less of a hassle/ no bills

Other

Thanks

I have had a Medicare Supplemental type G plan for the last several years and really like the benefits it provides, I believe it's like what you're referring to have Medigap in that it pays the 20% that Medicare doesn't pay. Advantage plans do provide some other benefits in many cases but you have to be careful because they don't cover it the same things at the same levels that Medicare does. Something they cover more of but something they cover less of or have greatly reduced benefits. Was the plan I have I've had everything covered except the $198 annual deductible. Works great for me. Of course you have to get a separate plan for drugs, dental etc.

Feel free to drop me a note if you would like to discuss further.

I have had a Medicare Supplemental type G plan for the last several years and really like the benefits it provides, I believe it's like what you're referring to have Medigap in that it pays the 20% that Medicare doesn't pay. Advantage plans do provide some other benefits in many cases but you have to be careful because they don't cover it the same things at the same levels that Medicare does. Something they cover more of but something they cover less of or have greatly reduced benefits. Was the plan I have I've had everything covered except the $198 annual deductible. Works great for me. Of course you have to get a separate plan for drugs, dental etc.

Feel free to drop me a note if you would like to discuss further.

Funny thing, had my hair cut today and the lady that does it just went on G, this year with her husband. Lucky for them because they had some big hospital visits.

She did not bring up the deductible, just she was very happy not to get a BILL!

I understand this stuff varies state to state, but I looked at only two online,,, and each had the same deductible $2375??? NOTE I may have not been looking at my state ?? For that amount.

I have to check with family doctor, I heard he may not take plan G.

Yes as I delve into this more, I will reach out
Thanks

I thought retirement was going to be easy:;;

I Quit,,, Guess I was wrong again.

Last edited:
Any Dr. that takes Medicare will take a G Plan, all it does is pay me 20% that Medicare doesn't cover.

My family dr does not take medicare or medigap,,,,, Option if lucky only see him once or twice a year, and just pay cash,,, along with a plan dr as backup

My family dr does not take medicare or medigap,,,,, Option if lucky only see him once or twice a year, and just pay cash,,, along with a plan dr as backup
You might need to start looking around for one that does. You are only going to start needing him more as time goes on!

Reactions: cda