• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Outdoor Water Park Bathhouse Plumbing Fixtures

Ana

I searched before posting here but I only found a couple of posts and the question was not clearly answered. So I'm hoping I'll find some more insight from you all.
I'm building a bathhouse for an outdoor water park. The water park has a large shallow splash/wading pool with some splashing toys, and a lazy river that goes around it. Depth of the water is less than 18" max
Under ISPSC 2021- Would you consider this a public pool-Class F "wading" or public Pool -Class O -non diving public pool so I can use Chapter 4? If any of these two then I can use Section 410 to calculate my occupant load and then use IPC 2021 to calculate the plumbing fixture count for assembly use. Until now, I feel good about it and I can accommodate the number of plumbing fixtures in my building.
But...
If I consider the facility as aquatic recreation facility (by definition) per Chapter 6, then my occupant load will be calculated per table 608.1 of ISPSC 2021 and then the plumbing fixture count will be unrealistic and out of control.

In your opinions, do you see my first approach as a logical approach- and consider it a public pool type F or even B (look under definitions of ISPSC)- or is it strictly an aquatic recreation facility which requires a very unrealistic number of plumbing fixtures?
Jurisdiction -VA