• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Outdoor wood boiler

pletzer28

Can an e-classic 2400 outdoor wood boiler by Central boiler be used as a primary heat source for a commercial building? Iam in the process of talking with my hvac guy and he says no have to have a gas boiler for inspection and after that you can use that if you want. I am in WI and the property is zoned a-2 with a conditional use permit for a woodworking shop. Also wondering the requirements for air makeup. I have a spray booth so i know i need one for that, but as shop area and office what are my requirements. My dust collector will be inside. I want to know facts before they try to sell me something i don't need or is not required. Thanks

In general I would think that you could--but you need to check with local building department to make sure there are no local ammendments.