• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

outlet spacing for commercial occupancies

codeworks

Gold Member
i've been working with the nec for few years now, and have never seen a requirement for spacing of outlets in business or commercial spaces. i try to keep up with changes in the code. is anyone familier with this sort of change in the 2011 nec. i've looked, don't see it anywhere. as far i know they adress spacing in 210.50 through 210.70, and noen of it addresses a commercial occupancies. they are generally "buy design". any input ? thanks

I learned that the hard way many years ago when I leased my first office. We had all the walls laid out, carpet picked, colors done, phone jacks set, etc. We went to move in and there were no electical outlets. I asked and was told they were not required by code. A painful change order.

Yeah, a little mind shift if you move from residential to commercial inspections.......where's all the receptacles?

I agree no spacing but there are ADA requirements for the min & max height when installed. I have seen this violated a few times.