• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Park Pavilion Plumbing Calculations

nsuchy

Was wondering if anyone had any insight on how to calculate plumbing requirements for an outdoor pavilion. Grill/seating is located under a structure, not enclosed, with enclosed restrooms also under the structure, and the patio/seating also continues out from under the structure (50% covered seating, 50% uncovered).

How would I calculate the loads to use in the plumbing calculations (would I include both covered and uncovered seating, basically entire patio area)? The space is functioning as a small grill (staffed) and gathering place for a country club, and they would use portable restrooms if they held any larger events w/ tents.

Thanks!

I'd calculate the OL as normal under the OLF from Table 1004.5; 7-net for concentrated chairs only or 15-net for unconcentrated table and chairs.

Then follow Table 2902.1 for determining plumbing fixtures. From Table 2902.1, the Classification fits as Assembly, with the Description most closely aligning with 'Stadiums, amusement parks, bleachers and grandstands for outdoor sporting events and activities' or with 'Restaurants, banquet halls and food courts'. See fixture counts as follows:

1700153435561.png
1700153477944.png
1700153500375.png

$ ~ $ ~ $

500 ft. sure is a long, long way to travel even for healthy people.

$ ~ $ ~ $

$ ~ $ ~ $

500 ft. sure is a long, long way to travel even for healthy people.

$ ~ $ ~ $
It is. But...

2020 MN Building Code

[P] 2902.3.3 Location of Toilet Facilities in Occupancies Other Than Malls

In occupancies other than covered and open mall buildings, the required public and employee toilet facilities shall be located not more than one story above or below the space required to be provided with toilet facilities, and the path of travel to such facilities shall not exceed a distance of 500 feet (152 m).
Exception: The location and maximum distances of travel to required employee facilities in factory and industrial occupancies are permitted to exceed that required by this section, provided that the location and maximum distance of travel are approved.

$ ~ $ ~ $

Thanks ** classicT ** for the Code reference...........IMO, 500 ft. is still

a long way to travel.

I wonder what "impaired \ wheel chair users" think about this distance.

$ ~ $ ~ $

$ ~ $ ~ $

Thanks ** classicT ** for the Code reference...........IMO, 500 ft. is still

a long way to travel.

I wonder what "impaired \ wheel chair users" think about this distance.

$ ~ $ ~ $
That it is a long way, just like everyone else thinks.

I mean, it is not any different really that what's required for a family or assisted-use toilet room. 500-ft is somewhat of a standard distance for toilet room arrangement.

2020 MN-IBC 1109.2.1.4 Location

Family or assisted-use toilet and bathing rooms shall be located on an accessible route. Family or assisted-use toilet rooms shall be located not more than one story above or below separate-sex toilet rooms. The accessible route from any separate-sex toilet room to a family or assisted-use toilet room shall not exceed 500 feet (152 m).