• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Pennsylvania Residential Code.

KZQuixote

Sawhorse
I'm not having great luck finding the adopting statutes that Pennsylvania used to adopt/amend the 2009 IRC.

My understanding so far is that local jurisdictions may adopt the UCC with provisions that make it stricter but may not ease UCC requirements.

I'm also of the opinion that R302.5.1 has not been amended, at least at the state level.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bill

KZ, yes each municipality may adopt the UCC (Commonly referred to as Opt-In) and each municipality may enact stricter provisions that exceed the state level but the stricter adoption must be reviewed and approved by Pa. Dept of Labor and Industry. Municipalities may also elect not to complete thier own inspections, Opt-Out which leaves the inspection process to any qualified official and or firm, thus very unlikely stricter codes have been enacted.

R302.5.1 has not been amended.

Amendments to the 2009 IRC are related to sprinkler system repeal, log homes, Icc adoption process, wall bracing, etc. Te information may be viewed by typing in

House Bill 377 Act 1 of 2011 for Pennsylvania.