• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Political Pressure at its best!

I try to win all of them! Right is right. I also know what battles to fight. No here is the kicker! I will have a case in front of this judge shortly! I have a citations to file in his court Monday. Most likley be about 30 days for the hearing. Should be fun! Got to love the job. And It is just the code for what that is worth.

Judges aren't stupid.. make a good arguement.. have good evidence.. I've won and lost cases in front of the same judge.. depends on the evidence you bring (and what the respondent/defendant) brings.. and how credible you are...

I find generally that District Court is "the people's court" and the Judges often don't have a grasp of code enforcement, so one must bring copies of ALL relevant State RSA and town ordinance, make the trail easy, and show the various ways that your office has given the defendant an opportunity to bring his/her issue into compliance.

The judges in superior court are more familiar with land use enforcement and building codes, in my experience.

Depends on the state, Yankee.

District court vs. Circuit court.. vs. Superior court..

Some of it depends on if you bring a charge as civil or criminal.. and some building code violations need to be charged as criminal.