• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

posting images

mike-d

hello all! i'm new to the forum and wanted to know if it's possible to post images (.jpg) and/or screen captures when replying to a thread?

thank you,
mike-d

Two ways

Support the web site by paying to be a Sawhorse

Than you can upload easily

Or make the picture a web link and post the link

Only 35 a year to help support and dip into the vast knowledge base on the site

thanks CDA. ok, no problem with the subscription, this forum has value, and i hope to share with this forum what i find out this year as i start on a new project, with new code! as well as look forward to learning more from here...

steveray - i'm on the design side most of the time, and sometimes on construction side - namely for CA tasks.

Here's the story on posting pictures. You will see at the bottom right where it says upload a file. Click on that and the rest is self explanatory. I find it a pain because there are two choices with my camera. 2048x1536 pixels or 640x480. The forum will not allow me to upload a full size picture because the file is too large .... I get a link instead of a picture and I don't like that. I take the pictures at the higher resolution so I am not going to resize them and 640x480 is too small. So I upload to Flickr and then copy and paste from there to the forum at 1024x768 which produces a decent size picture.

Now the rest of the story. I copy the picture from the forum to my desktop. Then I hit edit which has a more options button....then use use the upload a file button and upload the 1024x768 picture from my desktop. Next, I delete the Flickr picture and substitute the newly uploaded 1024x768 picture. It is a pain in the rear but Flickr has threatened me and unless I keep paying them they will ruin the threads so I have been replacing pictures when I have the time. If you choose to do it my way you must get on it while you can still edit your post.

I would never have done it this way except for not being able to upload a large file. Another quirk is that when storing pictures on the forum server, the limit is four pictures.....if I take them directly from Flickr the limit is five.

You can get around all of that with a picture resolution that produces a good size picture or you can provide just a link or you can provide a small picture.

It might take Jeff a while to set you up as a sawhorse.

Last edited:
You can post off your iPhone pictures or Bphone or Tphone or whatever model you have

Last edited: