• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Prefire Plan Software Review/Process

Insurance Engineer

I am interested in what software you are using for prefire planning. If anyone is in the Philadelphia region would love to chat and see how you have put the prefire plan into service. We have been doing very simple drawings using google maps for the image. We what to take it to the next level based on NFPA 1620. Do not want to recreate the wheel if someone has been down this road, we are a volunteer fire department with rural, busy downtown, industry, university and many apartment complexes.

Thanks for your help.

Have not seen any depts use any

Have seen demos but have not tried

I think just use a simple program

Remember you may have to access this in the middle of the night, raining and every thing else

CDA

The engines and chiefs vehicles have laptops so not a problem. Thinking 2 levels of info one for the firefighter i.e. where is the FDC, entrances, etc., chief more details floor layouts, GPM available, construction, hazard, etc etc.

Old post wondering if any FD are pre-fire planning, and if so what program are you using? We have been doing Pre-fire plans for about a year now using PowerPoint to develop the plans. We are looking at First Due and Blazemark Software. Thanks Tom

I should say this is from a Fire Department point of view not insurance ie my name. Retired now using my fire protection knowledge and firefighting experience to develop the Pre-fire Plans.
Tom