• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Presidential Building Codes... George and Thomas.

Glenn

I collect vintage building codes to help me be a better educator, consultant, and code writer, but also because I think the history of the code industry is really neat.

I recently acquired my first vintage newspaper that fits well with my collection. It's from 1808 and it provides some of the story of George Washington's and Thomas Jefferson's building regulation declarations.

Enjoy! And please don't trash your historic books or depart the industry before passing down your wisdom. So many new folks are coming into the code industry and many know little before ICC. Help me share our rich and amazing history.

Sounds more like our current HOA not enforcing roof colors. Wonder If he would have stopped Ben Franklin from installing a solar array on his roof?

Doesn't sound like Washington has changed much..does it?

40-ft, maximum fire ladder perhaps?

Thanks Glenn